Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Polar opposites

To Hougang, 41 km. One of my bosses tells me to go home on time instead of working late since I look sick. Since I can't afford psychotherapy, it's cycletherapy for me. But it looks like it's too late for me to join the Wed night ride gang; there's no one there when I arrive. I amble about aimlessly and slowly, feeling heavily burdened. Until another rider sweeps past me. He's my polar opposite: full suspension vs my rigid bike, fat tyres vs slim slicks, platform pedals vs clipless, black socks vs white, helmet off vs helmet on, fast vs slow. Too bad he breaks away. But I'm not alone for long; I meet D on his Merlin. He confirms the Wed night ride is history. Entropy, I guess. I cycle past two fatal accident sites; the police signs are like tombstones. As two lives are snuffed out, I cycle down memory lane of my childhood, where once I rode over a snake, and where I had my first "face plant".

No comments: