Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Out of breath

To Changi, 100 km. On a creaking grey bicycle, the white man cranks out a constant 41 km/h along Changi Coast Road on his racer. No matter how much my chest heaves, I fail to keep up. No wonder, I've already logged 30 km into my ride. In a flash, I drop behind. Another roadie sweeps past me on his SACA time trial. I slip into his slipstream. But not for long either, as he's going at 40 km/h. By now, I'm spent. I wonder how I'd have fared if I was on a racing bicycle instead of a mountain bike. I also wonder what it'll be like to accompany my companions today from Bike-Aid, who are cycling 1,400 km (Singapore-Kota Bahru, Malaysia-Singapore) next week. Sweet charity! Today is the last training ride before the stalwarts head north.

No comments: