Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Recovering from recovery ride

To Choa Chu Kang, 67 km. Today is meant to be a recovery ride. I cruise down to Upper Thomson Road; there's supposed to be a slower group that leaves before 8.30 am. I don't see anyone leaving until 8.30. "Let's go," says a lone cyclist whom I guess is KT. I somehow end up second in the peloton for a few seconds. He's just warming up. Other roadies sweep past and soon I'm alone. Ah, familiar feeling. Time to take it easy. But I see some roadies ahead. I want to suck some wind, so I speed ahead. Soon, I'm leading my own little peloton, until I stop at the Shell station along Mandai Road to see some friendly people who stop there. The Ascender chaps are there too. I tail them to Adam Road, with them pulling me along at 37 km/h. One of them, Mr Trek OCLV, asks me to write something nice in my bikelog, and so I will. Thanks for the considerate handsignals and warning shouts.

No comments: