Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Fuming bikers, fuming bikes


To Lima Kedai, Johore, Malaysia, 124 km. I feel like an ant surrounded by furious ants from another tribe. I try to avoid their stings - their exhaust pipes. But no way I can escape the exhaust fumes. We inch along towards Singapore immigration. The same thing happens on the return leg, at 1 pm. The jam is so bad, the motorcyclists horn furiously. I spend the last six hours in Johore but am not elated. I feel down, as down as the flat tyre that greets me when I awake. The 3-hour shelling from Friday still rings in my ears. I feel so lousy, I almost turn back after crossing the causeway. But I press on. Hard. My first sit-down break, at Lima Kedai, is three hours into the ride. I also stop at McDonalds at Skudai, where I finish reading The Star. My legs are sore, my butt is sore, but I start to feel better especially after prayer at a scenic spot. Today is also my first ride with my digital camera.

No comments: