Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Rainbow in the sky and road

Nov distance travelled: 696 km

To Lima Kedai, Johore, Malaysia, 124 km. The rainbow arches in the sky. A beautiful sight, but the three of us don't have a camera to snap it. We also see two pelotons of cyclists wearing the usual multi-coloured garb; first time I've ever seen any in Johore. We wave to each other like old friends; they beckon us to join them. My ride is at a cracking pace; my two guests are from togoparts.com; one is a roadie, the other is on his first ride to Johore. They'd expressed interest in cycling with me in my year-end expedition. I hear both of them chafing at the bit behind me as I lead. Back in Singapore, I wave TCW ahead. He blasts ahead on his carbon Giant and soon he's out of sight. Dude, why do I stick to my ancient bicycle with ancient technology, when I have an ancient body.

No comments: