Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Nicoll no way

Apr distance travelled: 461 km

To Changi, 75 km. It's a sleepy slack Sunday spin at Changi. A roadie slips past me on a Scott, his red t-shirt soaked in sweat all the way to the tail. I sit on his tail, happily adding another 10 km/h to my speed. A motorbike passes us. I use the roadie, now I lose him while trying to draft the motorbike at an additional 10 km/h. I fail, and the roadie slips past me again. We stop at a traffic light. "Good ride," he says. He goes home. I ride past Nicoll Highway, which collapsed on 20 Apr. There's no way through. When it's open, traffic will pass over a brave man entombed in concrete below. In the financial district, another worker sits by the road, eating his lunch with his barehands, with the pavement as his table. At City Hall, I pass a man with a shotgun shooting crows. The gun's roar echoes through the courts, which also mete out death sentences. I stop by at the laughably low Mt Sophia and pretty Mt Emily Park. It's near the Istana and is the only park I've seen with a coat of arms. Here, I snack - my first stop after 63 km on the road.

No comments: