Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Performance Bloody Terrible

Kampong Kaki Circuit, 66 km. I crawl out of my warm bed on a damp Sunday morning, thinking I'd achieve my personal best time (PBT) today. After all, I'm fresh from a 436 km hills ride a week ago and my body is in good shape. Traffic is light and with the cloudy sky, I divert energy from cooling to cycling. But my time is 67 minutes and some seconds; about three minutes better than with my fat tyres. Bleah. I should've oiled my transmission after the 436 km ride. During lunch, I talk to a cyclist who's worked in the same firm for a quarter century. He tells me to live one day at a time and don't think so much. His parting shot as I ride home: "Work hard."

No comments: