Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bye bye, ring ring

To somewhere in town, 30 km. When I cleaned my chain two weeks ago, I knew it was a goner. At the bike shop today, bike shop man says "confirmed, gone case". He shows me how shot the transmission is, even replicating chain suck. I replace the casette, chain, and the big and middle chain rings; XT for everything. It takes some doing, but the XT rings eventually fit the LX crankset. Brake cables fixed; they are now silky smooth. The transmission sounds different, but seems finely tuned the first time round. What joy it is to ride a system that's in harmony. Still, that's a feeling. Time will tell tomorrow, with data as hard as a stopwatch.

No comments: