Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, January 08, 2005

3 rides, 3 soakings, 2 punctures

To Tuas, 120 km. My past three rides in Singapore have been soaking wet ones;. Talk about hand wringing! My Panaracer Pasela tyres seem to have thrown in the towel too. The rear tyre deflates on two consecutive rides. It's about a year old (fitted in Feb 04, travelling about 7,000 km). Today's ride goes on in the rain as it's training for the National University Centennial ride ("when it rains on the actual ride, we can't stop either; we've got to get to a certain place by a certain time", says bikeleader E). For a moment, the ride feels like a biathlon: with water going into my eyes, nose and mouth, it's like swimming and cycling. My rear blinker drowns in the rain; it's so wet the battery coat is peeling off. On the way home, a pedestrian saunters into my path. I'm so close, I can spit on him. I yell. "Huh, oh, sorry," he says.
Tech note I fix R's bike in several places. I'll stick to cantilever brakes. While it's older technology, the brake pads are thicker and are easier to adjust.

No comments: