Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Change

To Kallang and Seletar, 66 km. We cycle past a big flat frog that must've once been a big fat frog, until something ran over it. Gentle Giant shrieks at the sight. This is the first time this year I've cycled with her. Today is like a reunion of the Fellowship of the Spins; all but one are present. But things don't feel the same anymore with the passage of time. I end my ride early - lack of sleep takes its toll.

Tech note Yesterday, for the first time ever, I have my wheel trued. But it still isn't true to form. It got bashed out of shape from last week's Subaru race. And I couldn't find my favourite mechanic; the entire shop is gone, until I managed to find it today at Upper Thomson Road. His "kung fu" is still the best. My bicycle is a mess; it has taken me three hours to clean the bike and the spills at home. Wheel out of whack, frame scratched, body bruised. Was it worth the experience?

No comments: