Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, February 09, 2008

The bright side

Choa Chu Kang, 48 km. I wear my Dainese jersey, which I won last week, for the first time. I'm think what good tyres I have; they roll over broken glass and stones with no fuss. As I corner, my wheel wobbles. Blowout. I apportion blame before the fact is out: a 4 cm nail. No tyre can take that. And no one should shoot first, ask questions later. I look at the bright side: a patch of shade so big, I fix the flat with no sweat. A roadie passing by who asks if I'm ok. And, later on, a road all to myself, as butterflies flit by. Just because bad things have happened earlier doesn't make the lunar new year a lunatic new year. But deep down, I still feel sad.

No comments: