Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Volunteer night (and morn)

To Labrador Park, 53 km. Tonight, there's a barbeque to thank the volunteers who helped at the Kent Ridge race on 23 Jul. The one who did the most cooking: the general manager, who organised the race, the barbeque and now, does the cooking. The food is good - and overwhelming in quantity. The company is varied too; some strangers, some old friends. Just as well it's not my last meal, as a car comes too close when cutting across my lane. The night is not over for me yet, as I cycle to church to handle food and beverage for those praying through the night on the eve of national day. On this day, I think of the men who, well, volunteered in the 1950s to take on the white men and the mantle of national leadership, eventually taking over (and wearing white). Majulah!

No comments: