Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sands of time

To Kent Ridge and East Coast Parkway, 64 km. Cycling makes me younger, which is why I make two newbie mistakes today: one with my clipless pedals (unclip on the right, fall on the left) and the other losing traction on gravel while going uphill. Besides going back in time today, I also make several marks in the sands of time. I'm probably the first person on the Kent Ridge trail, not just on semi-slick tyres but also on a rigid bike. Today is the first time when I'm on a ride where everyone is a race medal winner, with me, the sole guy, having the least wins. I also see a triathlon with my own eyes instead of on TV. And hold a triathlon medal - alas, not mine. If I didn't have bad knees, I'd take part too. Today is also the first time I visit a traditional Chinese medicine clinic, and have acupuncture too, for my bad back. And I cross the 30,000 km mark on a . With all these firsts, a song plays in my head: Madonna's "Like a virgin".

No comments: