Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

High speed chase

To Woodlands and Mandai, 48 km. This is the first Wed night ride for 2004 (I hear nothing happened in the past few weeks). J shows up on his Titus with 2.1 inch knobbies. I try to draft him as he charges up the slopes at 43 km/h. It's a lost cause. My Cateye tells me the average speed for the ride is 26 km/h. We break as usual at Casuarina Road. The management of our usual haunt has changed; no more Milo!

Tech note J and I compare bike noises. His seatpost squeaks. I still don't know what causes my drivetrain to clink. J makes some suggestions: these aren't home remedies.

No comments: