Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Hungry to ride

Seletar, 40 km. It's dinner time. If I have dinner then ride, my ride will end late. So, I ingest sugar (Ribena and Dextro tablets), then train for next week's charity ride. Whenever I reach traffic lights, I detour, to keep up my pace instead of stopping.

I end up near an airport. Wide, empty roads where I race up and down. No wasteful ambling, just training, just below lactate threshold. With few traffic lights, there is little rest but much workout. Better use of time, which I'm running out of. Come to think of it, I'm not even running, other than running out of time :o

No comments: