Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, August 06, 2006

What money can't buy

To Senoko Way, 54 km. A family has a picnic by the river's side (one of the rare ones that doesn't have concrete banks). Some people fish in the Straits of Johore. Three men sit on the kerb, with three bottles in front of them. All for free, as money can't buy a real family, get fish to bite bait or friendship. Or real sleep. I spend much of the weekend plugging my sleep deficit; I start cycling today at 1045! I find some single tracks, but these peter out. And I find that progress has beaten me to more off-the-beaten paths; where I used to be able to cycle are now out of bounds. Still, there are still houses that have gargoyles on their gateposts to look at.

No comments: