Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Overgrown undergrowth

Jul distance: 223


To Jalan Ulu Sembawang, 34 km. The undergrowth is so overgrown, it tangles up my feet and my pedals, and winds itself around the casette. Twenty years ago, this used to be a road wide enough for lorries to pass each other. People used to live on either side of the road. Now, it's grass, trees, the occasional flower and lots of nature. Elsewhere along this part of Singapore, I see people in the jungle. One group wears construction helmets and emerges with a pail of durians. There's single track too, but it peters out and grass claims what's left of the road. Also in abundance: rain. I notice that a drizzle dirties my , but a downpour cleans it. Does this apply to storms in my life? Small trouble irritates. Big trouble cleans out what doesn't really matter, making clear what does.

No comments: