Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Two ships in the night

To Pasir Panjang, 73 km. Saturday night. I'm surrounded by a sea of traffic gushing past me. Across on the far side of the road, I see the roadie's blinking lights, and he sees mine. We pass each other, like two ships in the night. I'm off to join my first ride with the Night Ryders. I recognise some fast and furious chaps from Friday East Night Ride. They're off like rockets on fat tyres, with T drafting a truck. My speedo reads 44 km/h but he's still pulling away. F lets me try his titanium bicycle with carbon cranks. I'm careful not to let my drool drip on his beauty. I meet some other chaps too, who talk about my bikelog. I've been wondering who else reads my stuff except a handful of regulars. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: