Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Six bridges too far

To Harbourfront, 20 km. Barelang. An exotic name across the water at Batam. Six bridges linking Batam, Rempang, and Galang islands. A long ride to-and-fro of 160 km. But these are six bridges too far for me. At Harbourfront, I drop out of the ride at the last minute, no thanks to an eye injury. I thought I'm OK to ride but the ride there screwed up my eyeball. Took a taxi home but got stuck for a while, no thanks to a driver who refuses to pay for parking. He doesn't care about me or the security guards, who also didn't care about my eye. "Wait for the police," they say. A little lady steps up and yells at the driver. She succeeds where the guys fail. "All men are useless," a lady once told me.

No comments: