Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Red eyes, green eyes

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 21 km. It's been 10 days since I last rode. I've had viral conjunctivitis, also known as pink eyes. My case was so bad, my eyes were red like in a horror movie. And I became green eyed with envy, as I had to miss rides Barelang and Belungkur. Today is my "recovery ride" to "see" if I can do it. First, I sit in front of a fan at full blast to be sure my cornea cells don't fly off, then I set off. I'm off form. Right hamstring hurts though it's a short ride (OK, I tried to chase a roadie and a car ...). I also think about Ho Swee Haw, whom I met at Penang MTB Jamboree 2003. He crashed and died on 21 Feb in Perak. I'm sorry he's gone.

No comments: