Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Going downhill

There used to be Bottle Trees here (trees have gone downhill)
Sembawang, 40 km. In cycling, going downhill is exhilarating. In life, the phrase "going downhill" has negative connotations. As in, a guy who charges his camera battery but leaves it at home, thus ruining a group photo in a restaurant. Or a pedestrian who launches himself into my path such that I brake and swerve. All of which I see this afternoon.

My gear is going downhill too. My frame is 8.5 years (or 40,000 km) old. I was warned (today too!) to change it, lest there is catastrophic failure (just like my wheel). My crankset is nine years old. It is cranky.

My Brooks saddle is exactly three years (or over 12,700 km) old. And yes, it is a pain in the butt.

No comments: