Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Acceptance without explanation

Sembawang, 49 km. My crank does what it's designed to do: crank. It also creaks, which sounds like trouble. I'm told the bearings are on their way out. A few km later, the creak goes away. Why? Do the bearings warm up then bear up to the pressure? Whatever the explanation is, the sound goes away. I know it'll come back. And, it'll go away.

Good things come in life. And they'll go away eventually, some sooner, some later. Bad things come in life. I know some will go away. Or, at least, the memory will fade away. Accept the good. Accept the bad. No exceptions.

No comments: