Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The big C

Woodlands, 50 km. Cancer. It came as a shock to her, and to us. What started as a nagging cough at the end of last year turns out to be the final stage of the big C. We've worked together for ten years. Now, she's got a few months left. Unless, a miracle happens.

Do I believe in miracles? This is the seventh month of the year, which has inflicted me with seven pieces of bad news. Three of them this month, which have to do with comradeship, career and the big C. C'mon, enough already!

 To cope, I cycle. As I cycle, I contemplate life. Even if there are no miracles, there can be courage. As the Brits would say, "keep Calm and Carry on". Km by km, hour by hour, day by day, till the last breath.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This post touched a nerve, my dad had a brief but painful struggle with the big C which robbed us of more time with us. And the loss is still felt.

Sometimes it doesn't just rain, it absolutes storms.

Thoughts with ya. Courage oh yes... What i do is curl up into a ball and let the sadness wash through, even if it doesn't entirely wash away. Boy, i've cried rivers.

Though I have to say that cycling is a a great medication for sadness.