Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Friend or foe?

May distance: 289 km

Woodlands, 51 km. Two woes hit me one week after another last month, which got me into "go away or go crazy" mode. In the coming week, the results of both woes will be seen and felt, not one week after another, but one day after another.

Cycling feels like a chore today. Push bicycle out the door, put up with inattentive, insolent, insane drivers ... it'll be easier to lie back and do nothing. That's cycling as a foe.

But knowing what I'll face this week, I head out onto the roads. When things look bad and I can't stop the tide, the clock or the sunset, at least, I can cycle. That's cycling as a friend.

Same outside, same activity, but the inside feels different.

No comments: