Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Making up for lost time

Woodlands, 54 km.I've been up past 1am the past few nights, going online for information on what gizmo to buy. Then I'm up earlier than I like yesterday, not to cycle, but for some housework and family obligations. This morning, like yesterday, I skip breakfast but for some tea. And ride on an empty stomach and a deficit of sleep, surging up slopes like I'm half my age just to see how far I can push myself. As the saying goes, "mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter". I suppose the corollary of that is, "If it doesn't matter but you mind, it matters"- which could result in a coronary :o

No comments: