Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Burning a candle at three ends

Mandai, 35 km. End #1: 24-hour endurance charity ride (8-9 Nov) which I aborted after pain shoots up my leg. End #2: my first marathon run (7 Dec), which I complete though pain shoots up my leg. End #3: my first solo expedition, in Cambodia (starting next week), which I start training for now after a month's break from cycling. The twinge of pain, a week after my longest trip on foot tells me I haven't recovered from my training injury in mid-Oct. That's life. As for work, I work over 1.5 days a day (assuming 1 day = 8 hours). Work hard, play hard? That's work-life balance; unbalance balances unbalance.

No comments: