Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 26, 2008

ITBS

Oct distance: 156 km

Hougang, 36 km. Whether a glass is half full or half empty, the water level is the same. Does it matter if it is "half full" or or "half empty"? Well, half empty is good if the goal is to empty the glass. It marks progress. Facts are only part of the story. Feelings count too. Pain from iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS) is a fact and a feeling; it's so bad I can barely use stairs. It hurts when I pedal. I rue the experience until I realise I've been doing half marathons runs on my own, with just a water bottle and some sweets. Now, that's sweet. There is progress, there is hope. Easy does it, two weeks more to my 24-hour endurance ride and after that four weeks to my first marathon run.

No comments: