Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Memory tricks

Sengkang, 36 km. Ignored memory: as I leave my house, I notice my gloves are off. I recall I said I'd never ride without my gloves, after I'd crashed and smacked my hands against the ground. Ouch. I ignore the memory; after a few years of cycling with gloves, surely I can do without them today. I crash. Lacerations on my leg. Strain on my wrist (I can't even squeeze my water bottle). Dopey look on my face. Unwanted memory: when you want to forget, but can't. I find this happens most with emotional pain, not physical pain. Forgotten memory: I pass my guru's home, and recall my last visit there, before he emigrated to Oz. Lasting memory: I recall how I cycled in this area at night, for "Rapunzel" moments. Pleasant memory: I finally meet bikeshop man who, since I met him six years ago, is now in his third location, having moved here a month ago. Postscript I usually cycle on Sundays. Why do I ride this Saturday, when traffic is heavier? Because I have a meeting tomorrow. At 7.30 am ...

No comments: