Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Race against the rain

Admiralty Road West, 55 km. I amble on a gamble that it will not rain. I even (unusually) stop for lunch during instead of at the end of the ride. As I cycle home, for a moment, the road is clear. I admire how the trees arch over the road on either side, forming a green canopy. It looks misty in the distance. Then I realise the "mist" is rain that is coming closer. In moments, instead of the sun beating down, it is rain pelting down. I (unusually) stop at a bus stop instead of cursing my way on. Traffic roars and ants crawl past. Some of them look like spiders, with fat bulbous bodies. I marvel how the rain drops remain on my the surface of my new shoes instead of soaking in (this is the first time they are going offroad; they ride well). Within half an hour, the rain peters out. I lose the race against the rain this time, but the loss is not great. Sometimes, things aren't that bad even when they aren't what you expect.

No comments: