Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Going uphill

Mount Faber, 43 km. After a two-hour pounding last night, my knee hurts. But it's not the running that weighs me down. Still, I get up and cycle up Mount Faber; the highest tarred road for cycling in Singapore. I sit on a roadie's tail but the high rotational mass of my knobby tyres and a heavy heart weighs me down. My heart and lungs struggle. This is bearable because I know it won't last. I throttle back and the pain eases. And that's how one copes: see things in perspective. The pain is there, the road is long. But along the road, there is hope, because of hope in things unseen.

No comments: