Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Asleep, awake

Lor Halwa, 33 km. I'm asleep for 10 hours, awake to eat, then go back to sleep. One news report says it takes a week to recover from a cold. For me, a month is normal. At 3 pm, I start cycling; this late hour must be a personal record. Unlike cycling in the morning, I know that with a late start, the longer I ride, the cooler it gets. Awake, I ride into the land of the dead: Bukit Brown Cemetary. Some graves are meant for 2-3 people. One grave is particularly well-tended; it has to statues of Sikh guards by either side. Others fare less well, being swallowed by the undergrowth. Some must've disappeared, totally unseen, totally forgotten. Outside the cemetary, a man lies beneath a vehicle, working to bring it to life.

No comments: