Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tired of tyres

Mandai, 35 km. I have three pairs of tyres. Slicks: the brand I use is prone to cuts and punctures (seems endemic to this brand, when I compared notes with world wheelchair racing champ William Tan). Semi-slicks: can't blame it for loss of traction in certain trail conditions. Knobbies: 13 years old and tough, but heavy. The last time I used it - and my Camelbak (which came out literally from cold storage) - was Apr 06 (both work fine despite the 2-year break). Also heavy on my mind: this weekend's race. Usually, I train several times a week for 2-3 months. This race, I barely have two nights to train. I do some urban off-road to build up tenacity and lacerate my arm against a bush. At least, weather and work permit me to cycle tonight.

No comments: