Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Neither here nor there

Tampines, 43 km. Indecisiveness is terrible. It's like chasing my own tail - all that effort, go nowhere and get nothing but nausea. The known unknown is: is there going to be a certain marathon? The known known: a 100 km mountain bike race. The unknown unknown: can I take part in the bike race and the marathon (if it takes place) while training only for the marathon, and finish both? To reduce the unknown, I check out the bike race route today. It's not an impossible dream, but it's possible I don't make it. Because I've been training only for the run; I don't have time or energy to train for both. I want the bird in the hand and the one in the bush. I might end up tangled in the bush with bird shit all over me and no birds, or I might be singing like a lark. Foolishness, ambition, foolish ambition ... thin line, thin ice ...

No comments: