Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Light from the dark

Lim Chu Kang, 65 km. I cycle in the night, hoping the dark will shed light on what's happened. January isn't over, yet much has happened: adjust to life in Singapore after two weeks of a different life cycling in Laos, catch up on work, cover for someone's work ... and this is just work life. So I go on a ride that replaces future unknowns with immediate unknowns, general anxiety with specific, simple desperation: "how to get out of here". I end up where bicycles don't usually go. In places just not rideable. I carry my Tank over obstacles and somehow end up in Pasir Ris. Dead end. Somehow I end up in Changi. A path in a Singapore park is more brightly lit than Route 10 or 13 connecting Vientiane to Luang Prabang. Just as Laotians wouldn't say "not fair" that the path is more brightly lit than a major road, should I say life is unfair?

No comments: