Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Falling apart

Kampong Kaki Circuit, 62 km. Having "trained" in Laos, I wanted to break my personal best time on the circuit. But the only thing that breaks is more bits from my cycling shoe, which has taken a pounding since end-2003 and 28,000 km. Another item that took a pounding for four years (and similar distance) is my rear hub, which had grease packed into and tightened yesterday, so that it's no more a woebegone wobbling wheel. A simple shoe isn't made to be fixed, a precision instrument like a hub is, and complex human relations come without manuals.

No comments: