Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wet run on wet road

Mandai Road, 39 km. This is my last ride in Singapore for the year. A road test on narrow slick tyres, with Topeak trunk bag loaded at 7 kg. The load balances well. I cycle leisurely, until another mountain biker (with bike rack too) shoots past me, running a red light. When the light turns green, I give chase. A truck roars past me. I slip into the slipstream and reach 56 km/h. I feel a few rain drops and risk riding on. The risk materialises. I try to outrun the rain clouds, but fail. A few more minutes and I'd have been home dry. Risk taking is tricky. Too scared of gloomy skies, and I miss an opportunity to cycle. At least, I discover that my bag repels water.

No comments: