Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sleep deficit, ride deficit

Almost round island, 110 km. When I'm sleep deprived, I catch up on it during the weekend. When I'm ride deprived, I do the same. Why all these deficits? Work stress = sick. I load up my trunk bag, clip it on my bicycle and ride on my squishy tyres. Singapore is getting more crowded. The traffic-light-free Tampines Road and Old Tampines Road are now punctuated by lights. The road outside Vivo City on Saturday night is like rush hour. My throat is hoarse as I yell at pedestrians and a driver. I exceed my lactate threshold with a fully-loaded century ride. I even ride up Mount Faber. I overdid it but I'm glad I did it.

No comments: