Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Adjustment

Yio Chu Kang Road, 24 km. My helmet shifts easily. Safety is illusory. I'm about to retire my brain bucket, then adjust the straps a final time. It works. My jury-rigged map carrier crashes into my legs when I stand on the pedals. I pull some strings and it sits nicely on the handlebar. I too, seem to adjust well to this post-cold, pre-Laos training regime. Two roadies cycle ahead. They catch the draft of a bus. I'd throw in the towel if I had one. I grip the handlebar grimly and grind away instead, and catch up on my fat squishy tyres. Someone wonders if I'll adjust to the new office structure. I think so.

No comments: