Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Try a little kindness

To Lim Chu Kang Rd, 69 km. After running my longest distance ever last Sunday (15 km), I'm back in the saddle. The two-week hiatus takes its toll as I huff up the hills of Mandai-Kranji-Lim Chu Kang. A roadie on a Cannondale overtakes me and I draft, keeping a respectful distance away. He signals me to follow. I overtake as I'm embarrassed he's doing all the work. He overtakes me effortlessly and says in a heavy accent: "It's ok you can follow me." With my fat squishy tyres, it doesn't last long. His kindness is welcome after the hard road I've been on. I'm disappointed and tired. I want to stop to eat, but push on until I get home.

No comments: