Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Feeling the heat

To Woodlands, 64 km. I'm so tired, I want to sleep all day but am too restless to do so. I want to laze around at home but have to train. So I cycle at 11 am. The sun is so blazing, my top tube is warm. I head north, cranking up slope after slope and doing some "urban offroad". As my legs crank, my mind churns over higher order and lower order decisions. Is there much point ruing the outcome of lower order decisions when they are the reasonably forseeable consequence of higher order decisions? That'd be like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Unfortunately, who knew about the ice? At the surface, an iceberg looks like an ice floe. Anyway, the ship is unsinkable, no?

No comments: