Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Vicissitudes of life

Apr distance: 212 km


To Woodlands Street 13, 60 km. The sun beats down so hard, I sprinkle water on myself before heading out. A white man on a bicycle with rigid fork and rear suspension overtakes me, sweat pouring from his face. We play "leap frog" on the road at 36 km/h, he on slicks, I on fat tyres. We part ways at a fork in the road. I find a pretty park in Woodlands and linger there before heading home. The rain beats down soon after. So, it shines in the morning and rains in the afternoon. To rail at the weather is a waste of time. Maybe I should rail less at life too; just as I prepare for wet weather on the road, I should expect rain at work.

No comments: