Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Space and time

To Lim Chu Kang Road, 66 km. Life is not just about atoms and molecules. Matter can be there, but lifeless (as is the case with roadkill). Living takes place in space and time. It's strange how I want to get out of my home but hours later, want to be home. I rush home so I won't get wet in the rain, yet am glad to be get wet in a shower. To be home is to be in the same space but different time. To be in a shower is to be in a different space, different time. Ultimately, life is about time, for it takes time to transcend space. It takes time to do things. It takes time to live a life. And a "good" life is about how time is spent.

No comments: