Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

By the river, reprise


To Choa Chu Kang, 54 km. Just 24 hours ago, I was on foreign soil, in Yangon. It's a different world, with right hand drive. For over two days, I hear no honking, yet in Singapore, you'd be hardpressed in two hours to find a driver who doesn't press his horn hard. On the streets there, it's "eat first" (instead of "pay first then eat" in Singapore), right to life rules (instead of right of way), "we first" rather than "me first", and natural beauty abounds. Here, it's hard to find unspoilt beauty. Still, I manage to parts of old Singapore today, where yellow butterflies flit a frantic dance on an old abandoned road (Lorong Bistari).

No comments: