Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Weathering the weather

To Woodlands, 101 km. I don't want to cycle today as Saturday traffic is heavier. But it is sunny. Instead of being angry with the weather in case it messes up my traditional Sunday ride, I ride bike while the sun shines. I vow not to go home till I cover 100 km. In little Singapore, that's hard. I cycle to get used to my shiny new toy. I find that wearing thinner socks ($13 for 6 pairs! Branded too!) gives more pedal "float". My steering is messy - a pitted headset. As the bearings can't come off, I buy a new headset. And seatpost clamp. I don't know if my bicycle is lighter, but my wallet is.

No comments: