Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Thursday, January 04, 2007

To believe my feelings or my eyes?

To Mandai Road, 43 km. I got a shiny new toy yesterday, made by an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Being excited, I adjust my toy without reading instructions. A piece falls out, taking my heart along with it. It takes a while to put it back together, then install it on my bicycle. I take it for a test ride today: my first ride of 2007. The Q-factor doesn't feel right. But to the naked eye, it looks OK compared to the old component. What should I believe: my feelings or my eyes? Time will tell - when I test my new toy on a multi-day ride. Maybe I should've bought peace of mind by buying a branded (instead of OEM) version. But who knows if the former (which costs more and heavier) would cause me grief, or would I feel it's better since it costs more and is branded?

No comments: