Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Only time will tell

To Mandai Road, 35 km. I take my new headset out for a spin. It feels good, without that spooky tug on the handlebars as was the case with the old, pitted headset. I think of doing laps but the thought of training depresses me. So I ride for leisure, until I see a cluster of red blinking lights ahead. The chase begins. It's only at 40 km/h that I start to close the gap. I never manage to overtake the two lead riders, one of them on a mountain bike. Among the things I blame for my dismal performance is my seat height. I'd gotten it just right, after hundreds of km from consecutive days of riding. I marked the height but the mark was rubbed off when the seatpost got cleaned. While the height can be approximated, only time will tell if it's right - from the presence or absence of pain.

No comments: