Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Like or dislike?

To Lim Chu Kang via Changi, 110 km. I look at the grey sky and feel blue. It's been raining all day, all over the island. When the rain stops in the evening, I hit the road. But it feels like a chore. Which spells trouble. Without cycling, there's no "cycle-therapy" and I'll go crazy (since I can't afford psychotherapy). If the cure is driving me crazy ... A family of pedestrians try to kamikaze into me. Then a bus gets so close. A a pair of cyclists weave into my path though the road is three lanes wide. Ah, I get it. I just dislike cycling in Singapore, not cycling as such. Proof: I'm looking forward to cycling in Malaysia in two week's time. And grimly satisfied that I log a century ride despite the weather.

No comments: