Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Two is good, three is better

To Mandai Road, 38 km. I barely want to get out of bed today, but I do. However, instead of going off-road, I coast on the road. Until a roadie on a Lightspeed passes me. I hang on for a while but he drops me eventually. At least, I get my speed and heart rate up. Then a couple pass me by, with the guy on a carbon Kuota. I coast along until I feel I can do better, and blast past uphill at 44 km/h, then reach 46 km/h as I catch the draft from a truck. It's hard to train alone. Training - and living - is better with a friend. If no friends are available, helpful strangers will have to do.

No comments: