Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Too much of a good thing is bad

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 28 km. I'm back on slicks again, with a new Panaracer Pasela tyre. Having cycled with heavy fat tyres for months, today's ride feels so different. With less effort, acceleration and speed is faster. But I reckon that if I hadn't trained with my fat tyres and heavier shoes, I wouldn't be as speedy. Maybe that's what the saying means: "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". And maybe I shouldn't complain so much about life as a working stiff ...

No comments: