Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Happiness is ...

To Tampines Trail, 57 km. Happiness is sitting in the shade, in the breeze, on a verandah in a little known part of Tampines, eating a big $2 meal, in a coffee shop, to the nostalgic sound of Hui cantopop. After going five laps non-stop round four new hills (with a dozen or so hairpin bends going up and downslope) in Tampines without a scratch on me (though I scratch my pedals a few times going over bumps). Knowing that I improve with each lap, from having to dismount in the first two laps to clocking 18 min 30 s in lap #4. Wearing a helmet liner and a thick pair of gloves, all gifts. I have work problems, family problems. I can't control all that happens to me, but I have choice over what I think and feel. And today is one of the happiest days of my life.

No comments: